After nearly two years of working towards our goal, we are thrilled to announce that Franc is now B Corp Certified™!
What does that mean?
- They meet high standards of performance and accountability.
- They operate on a level of transparency across the board.
- They’re putting people and the planet before profits.
- They are legally required to consider the impact of all their decisions (customers, workers, communities, and the environment).
Being B Corp Certified™ means that we are committed to continuous growth, and we’re part of the growing community of other businesses dedicated to using the power of business to solve global challenges. There are over 3,800 Certified B Corporations, and we’re so excited to be part of this global team.
Every certified business has their why that pushed them towards being certified. We take our business seriously, and we want to show that we’re willing to do the work to bring change into the corporate world. Getting certified isn’t easy, but the best things come out of hard work and dedication.
To get a certification, every company must:
- Go through a B Impact Assessment, hit a score of 80 or higher, and pass a risk review.
- Make a legal commitment that holds accountability to all stakeholders and achieve a benefit corporation status.
- Be transparent and measure their performance against B Lab’s standards, allowing the information to be publicly available on their B Corp profile.
There are two key parts to becoming certified: passing an impact assessment and a legal change of corporate governance.
The impact assessment measures and scores impact on people and the planet. This assessment looks different for specific industries (whether it’s food, furniture, or fashion), and asks questions all across the board (governance, workers, community, environment, and customers.) If you hit a score of 80 or higher, you’re golden.
Immediately or within two years of getting certified, corporations must also amend and adopt a corporate form that requires the consideration of all stakeholders in their decision-making. This includes employee-well being, suppliers, customers, and ecological footprint.
Getting a B Corp Certification™ is just the starting point. The B Impact Assessment is an ongoing tool used to improve impact. Every three years, certified B Corps must update their impact assessment and verify their updated score. This keeps accountability and transparency at the core of every business with the B Corp Certification.
This is the beginning of big things for Franc. We’re really proud of the hard work we’ve put into getting our certification and will continue to keep putting the work into being the best that we can be ⼀ for people and for the planet. We’re so delighted to have your support. Thank you for following our journey and growing with us.