Because The Details Matter...

We're made in Canada because we feel it's important to know the people who make our clothes (and know they are treated as we would want to be). As a company, we also feel it's essential, to be honest, and open with you about the details behind our clothes.



OUR FACTORY

Is located just outside of downtown Toronto, which is where our clothing is cut and sewen. We know the people who make our clothes, having the factory 30 km away from where we work allows us the benefit to be able to pop in at a moments notice and keeps our carbon footprint incredibly low. We feel it's necessary to ensure the people who make our clothes are treated as well as the people who wear them and so we make regular visits to our women run factory (did we mention our factory is owned and run by women!?). We know they are treated well and paid a fair wage as per Ontario employment standards. 

READ OUR 5 RULES FOR ETHICAL FASHION

OUR FABRIC

Starting in the new year (2019 to be exact), 80% of our fabrics will be knit and dyed (using non-toxic, low-impact, environmentally-friendly dyes) in Canada, knit and dyed exclusively for us. The other 20% we will continue to source from a North American supplier who sources OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified fabric from local and international sources. Sources that are put through a rigorous vetting process to ensure fair labour practices, safe working conditions, environmental and waste management are up to high standards. We are working towards being having 100% of our knit and dyed in Canada, as our goal is to have our entire supply chain in Canada, we are happy to be moving towards this goal.

Currently, our styles (check each product page for fabric content details) in either come in an OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified bamboo cotton blend fabric or our newest transition is to using an OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified TENCEL™ Cotton Blend fabric for all styles. The yarns our local knitting mill uses to knit our Canadian made fabric have been spun exclusively for us by a certified (and rigorously vetted) TENCEL™ yarn supplier in Korea. Canada, unfortunately, does not have the current capabilities to spin fibres into yarns.

WHY WE SWITCHED TO A TENCEL BLEND YARN

OUR PACKAGING

We aim to be as low plastic and recyclable or recycled as possible when it comes to all the "extras". Our sturdy polybag shipping bags are made from 100% recycled materials and are also 100% recyclable and reusable. Marketing materials and hangtags are printed on 100% recycled or FSC-certified paper. And unlike the norm, we never ship or store items in clear plastic sleeves, we always try our best to ensure you have the lowest amount of things to dispose of as you are buying new clothes, not recyclables.

READ ABOUT OUR SHIPPING BAGS

honestly priced basics by FRANC

HONESTLY PRICED

Traditionally in the fashion industry brands mark-up their products 5X - 10X of the actual cost to sell to boutiques and retailers. We do things a little differently and only markup our products 2X - 3X, to make shopping for quality, ethically made basics that are designed and produced in Canada, more accessible.
Keeping our retail prices as low as possible (without sacrificing on any quality) meant leaving out the traditional retail markup, we sell directly to you - our clothes are crafted with the same quality and care as traditional retailers but sold exclusively in our SHOP.

READ MORE ABOUT OUR PRICING STRATEGY


WE MAKE REALLY GREAT EMAILS

Get updates on new launches, restocked basics, events and other really great stuff.